Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 1.

So I've been in Denver for one week. Seems like its been like a Week and a half (it must be because I'm getting less sleep, but that's okay, mi'es well). But I've been having a good time, getting to know people, and enjoying this great weather (apparently it was really hot today 89 degrees?, idk).

I'm just taking a break from lesson plan, we have to turn in all our lesson plans for the first week on friday. I can definitely do it. I'm just kind stuck at a point. So all lesson points start with the objective, and this is where I am stuck at. The Dilemma: Should I just make it into two separate ones or will that be too basic or too detailed for the students to know? Or should I combine all the information in one. I think I'm going do two, but not sure. The problem is I don't really know who my students are so it really hard for me to judge where they are mathematically.

Good thing is I'm teaching the STARS (this 9th graders, well rising 9th graders). They have been in the program for 3 years now, so they know the reason for being at Breakthrough and they obviously enjoy it and learn from it, cuz that's what they are there for. I really can't wait to meet them. Classes start on Monday!!

Also today, I learned my elective, which is going to be Reading Comprehension/ Math Boot Camp. Basically I'll be co-teaching a reading comprehension classes, helping students to think while they are reading, giving them some skills there. Which I'll admit will actually be fun, even though I don't like reading. I gotta make it fun. I also suppose sometimes I will be doing Math Boot Camp, basically giving some students basic math skills they may lack, idk.

I'm just excited in general about Monday, and getting all my lesson plans done, and just helping the students learn, get excited about learning, and just doing their best that's all.

Oh, Kinda a crazy thing that happened. my homestay 'mom' got into an accident yesterday. and her car was totaled, she's fine, she's got a couple bruises from the air bags, but um, apparently her accelerator got stuck and she ran into a wall or something I'm not really sure. It was just really weird this morning cuz I woke up and someone else was here, all awake talking and stuff.. but yeah it was really random cuz I came home from work yesterday and she was just like yeah I got into a carwreck.

Other than that's all happening here pretty much. I need to get these lesson plan done.
peace,

A-sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment